Thursday, February 4, 2010

A month later, and a penny shorter...


Yes, it's true. And though it has been about a month since I last blogged, I assure you it is with good reason. You see, I have been diligently working on applications to GRADUATE SCHOOL!!!! And I am most abosolutely a penny shorter because of the application fees. This is the third year I have applied to grad school and although I only applied to two schools both previous years, I have yet to go.

Generally, I believe that people my age can at times be anxious to get onto the next step in their lives, which I can understand. I have spent the last couple of years wondering and worrying that I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I thought, "Geez, I ought to be at grad school this year, not in this place or that place!" Fortunately the Lord has blessed me with the opportunity and gift to look at my life in hindsight and see things a little more clearly. Last year was one of the most difficult years of my life. Last year was also one of the most adventurous years of my life. From having a stable job, traveling to Costa Rica, being in and ending relationships, moving to a whole new state and back again, working towards my future career, seeing someone I taught on my mission go on a mission, etc, etc...and so much more, I believe that 2009 was a year of growth for me.

One of my favorite poems embodies what I believe we must all do.

Stick To Your Task

Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place, and praise
Will always come to the one who stays.

Stick to your task till it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life's victories, after awhile.

Author Unknown

And now for me as I look back in hindsight and see where I've been, I know that I've been and am in the right places at the right times. My belief that God is aware of my needs and of my life has been strengthened. I know that He loves His children and as we trust in Him, He will make good on all His promises in His own way. I'm so excited to see where I end up for grad school this year. I just can't help but feel and know that this is my year. But if not, I know that things will work out for me just the same. They always do! So here's to my year! 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment