Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Bachelor

I love the Bachelor. Without question, it is one of my favorite shows. For those of you who are not followers of the Bachelor, this last series Jake Pavelka, a dashing airline pilot sought to find love as 25 women vied for his attention. As the women were quickly narrowed down by the man who was not inclined to mess around with love, it became apparent that one of the women in the house which was hated by many would become his one true love, her name is Vienna. Infact, Reality Steve (some guy who somehow knew the outcome of this season's show, posted his predictions for the Bachelor Jake's pick to be Vienna the Vixon). Now even I can admit that as the show went on, I had no idea why all the women hated her so much other than the fact that she was a little young and immature. But in the end, I believe someone would have to be blind or had never fallen in love themselves to see the love that they had. And yet, so many people think they know what is right for him and that he should have picked the other girl. To those people I say, why don't you go and marry Tenley. Jake obviously isn't a stupid man, and he can recognize love when it hits him in the face.

I just think that too often in life we listen to other people who think they know what is right for us because we are afraid. In Jake's case, neither Tenley or Vienna of the final two were a bad choice, but it was obvious that Vienna was the one he truly loved. So to all those naysayers, I say, eat dirt and keep your opinions to yourselves...the man is happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment