So, it's been forever since I last wrote. This is due, in part, to the fact that my laptop has been out of commision for 2 months now. It's now working...sort of. Anyway, I wanted to give you a bit of an update on my life. So, mid-May, I moved to Fort Collins, Colorado to begin Graduate school at Colorado State University. Upon moving here, I was very excited for the change and perceived progression in my life. School was fun. I attended a summer term for a month and a half, then moved back home for a month to work. When I first moved to Fort Collins, almost immediately after my arrival, I started dating someone. We dated for 3 months, sadly a record for me. Suffice it to say, that relationship has ended, and I am hoping I am a little smarter now. Smarter because in the course of that relationship, I believe I learned a few things. I learned more about not taking counsel from my fears.
I struggle with anxiety in relationships, and in the past have let it get the better of me. In this relationship, instead of letting my anxiety dictate the course of our time together, I choose to talk more. I would share more about my feelings with him, that is something I would say I learned from my last relationship before this one.
I suppose my intent in putting a little personal and intimate information about myself out there is to promulgate the thought that I feel I have learned. I feel so grateful to a Father in Heaven who is intent upon my learning. And though that relationship was never intended (or so I believe) to be a long-term relationship in my life, I am grateful for it. Because in the process of the relationship, I learned to be a better me. And in the process of every relationship, I believe I come to be a better Marliett. So, I am grateful. I'm grateful for the people in my life. And I'm grateful for the way they teach me and train me. But most of all, I'm grateful to have the source of truth and light in my life, so I can turn to Him and clarify what is right, good, or of most worth to my soul and growth.
And that, my friends, is a little about my summer. :)
And P.S. I'm still in school! And working at my internship!
No comments:
Post a Comment