Friday, January 13, 2012

Reasons why a dog like Lily could become this girls' best friend...

1.  She'll never get married, go off to college, move out, get a job, or start dating anyone (except for the occassional excitement while she's in heat).  She's not interested in leaving me...ever.
2. She snuggles with me.  And her hair is very soft, so it's like snuggling with a live stuffed animal.  Except she's not stuffed.
3. She worships me.  I move 4 inches, she moves 7.  I go upstairs, she runs to follow me.  I lay down, she lays beside me.
4. She licks my ankles when I get out of the shower at night.  Either she likes the taste of the water on my ankles or it is a gesture of love and affection.  Whatever it is, it's so cute that I stop and stand by her so she doesn't have to move from the rug she lays on while she waits for me to shower.
5. She gets so stinking excited when I come home.  She barks  and jumps and tries to lick my face...but not my new glasses.  She knows I don't have windshield wipers on them.
6. She sleeps in my bed at night.  Quite frequently I turn over to her with her head on the other end of my pillow and her legs spread out.  She weighs less than 10 lbs, but that girl takes up half the bed.  Guess I need a bigger bed.
7. She listens to me with love and acceptance.  She let's me tell her about my day.  She listens to my sad stories, my frustrations, my happiness, etc.  She listens, and she doesn't judge me.  She trusts me and continues to love and accept me.  She trusts that I will do the right thing for myself. 
8. She pees and poops on the carpet every once in a while.  I take this as a sign of love as it usually happens when I'm not home.  I feel like it's her way of telling me that she doesn't want me to leave. 
9.  She lets me dress her up like a doll.  Bows, outfits, booties...whatever!  She just sits there and endures.  She is so pleasant.  And very adorable in any outfit.
10.  She is very quiet...no barking, talking, laughing, complaining...nothing.  So basically that's nice because conversation is all about me.  And when I don't want to talk, she doesn't make me.  We just sit in silence.  I love silence.  We communicate our love in silence. 
11. She wants to stay with me.  When I'm home, she is by my side.  Yes, she loves my roommates...but she loves me more.  It's nice to be someone's number one.
12.  She doesn't try to change me or tell me that my ideas or wrong.  I'm pretty sure that she thinks I am ridiculously intelligent.  She trusts that if I'm doing something, it's because I know I want to.
13. She is playful...but she doesn't beat me up or bite me.  It's awful when you're friends beat you up and bite you.
14. No matter what I look like, smell like, act like, talk like...I am the shiz.  I could be a social reject, and she wouldn't care.  And she's not all that concerned about her smells or looks either...we just don't care about that stuff.  We love eachother despite our bad breath and messy hair.

15. And last for this blog post...She's mine.  I own her.  She loves me and I love her.  Wherever I go, she goes.  She won't ever break up with me.  That's nice.  She's attached to me. What a nice feeling.

5 comments:

  1. Lilly is a lucky to have you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pooped on my carpet. I think it means that I love you and miss you. Can you come see me? Oh, and can you come clean up the poop because I did it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you sure know how to show me that you love me...how bright and brilliant of you to pick up on my messages! I feel the love.:)

      Delete