In the picture featured on my blog it is clear that I, Wonderwoman am having a fight with Mr. Incredible. And really it's not difficult to tell who is winning; but ofcourse, wonderwoman always wins because she's wonderwoman. This is my favorite Halloween costume ever because it reminds me of the power I already possess. Sure, I don't have lazers coming out my eyes, or the ability to fly from place to place independent of aircraft, or even webs coming out of my wrists. But I, along with many other women, can do many difficult and wonderful things.
After spending time with my sisters I have decided that they are literal "Wonderwomen". Moms are awesome! They not only take care of the home with it's many demands, but they also care for children who have constant needs (amongst their many other responsibilities!). It's amazing really. Watching my sisters makes me wonder how they can be and remain so sane!?! With this kid yelling here, or that kid crying there...I don't know how they keep themselves together. Especially if the child has a loud voice!!! Oh man. But then you see the joy that comes to them from their children, and it is hard to question why they would make child-bearing and rearing such a huge part of their life. Children offer unconditional and resilient love. Their love is heart warming and tender. My mother for instance had sixteen children. If there was ever a woman that I could say has achieved or could achieve Wonderwoman status, it would be my mom. She worked for many long and hard years, not only to take care of us, but to teach us and love us. She also went to work when I was in Kindergarten to help out with the family. She's a hard worker and the woman has taught me a great deal. My mom can stretch herself to love and to meet the needs of many children. I don't know that it's always healthy to stretch yourself so far, but she does. She is a caring, nurturing, and loving woman. I'm grateful for the example that my mother has set, and for the examples of all my sisters and every good and virtuous woman.
So...back to me. :) As I stated previously, there are a lot of things about me and many other woman that would qualify us to be "Wonderwomen". We have the ability to love, nurture, bless, and teach many around us. To be patient and kind; meek and humble; understanding and faithful. We are powerful beyond our own understanding. And we need to spend more time loving ourselves and less time judging ourselves. A wise peice of advice I learned from a friend and also from my current employment is "don't should on yourself". So I share that with all...love yourself, you're doing better than you know. And really it's a miracle that you keep doing what you're doing because your job is hard, I daresee even harder than wonderwomans'!
You are wonderwoman Marly!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl, be wonderfull
M
I have read all of the blog written by Miss Homeslice Heaven. I found it to be very interesting. First, in reference to 'eating disorders',,, I heard a lady on TV say 'that if we would, (and this is when we go to eat something),,, just ask yourself--'why am I eating this?' ,, she said sometimes we eat NOT really thinking why we are eating what we are eating. Alot of it is emotional and not reasoned out. Second, about Wonderwoman,,, all of my daughters and in-laws daughters, are Wonderwomen!!!! I sm smszed at what I see them do with their families. They, yes all of them , even Homeslice H. is a great cook.. and are all really great girls. There are eight girls and eight boys. And the boys are pretty great too. Well, thanks so much for this moment on your blog. Love mom oxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteohh marliett how i love you! i am a former cfc'er so i will not tell you who i am but this blog is great. i didnt know you learn from us girlies - i thought you were the one's teaching us all the time. im glad it goes both ways <3
ReplyDeleteAwesumgurl should actually be known as mystery girl...or how about awesummysterygirl? Well, whoever you are, it's nice to read your words. And I hope you are well and happy.
ReplyDelete