Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Flying pumpkin chunks...



So, this year I decided to stay in Fort Collins for Thanksgiving because I wanted to try something different.  Of course I missed my family, but i was blessed to be able to go to a very good friends house for Thanksgiving day.  It was awesome.  After we all ate dinner, the lot of us (and there were a lot of us) drove down to the river on their property to blow up some pumpkins. 

Lucky for us, Ellen's dad is an engineer, and a creative man at that.  Their family came up with this tradition of blowing up pumpkins.  Here are the directions:

1.  Get a pumpkin.
2.  Carve it out.
3.  Get a plastic bag
4.  Put Oxygen and the gas Acetyline in it.
5.  Put the bag in the hollow pumpkin.
6.  Stand far a way with a 22.
7.  Point the 22 at the pumpkin, not at people or animals.
8.  Use the scope on the 22 for a sure fire shot!
9.  Shoot.
10. Enjoy in delight and excitement as the pumpkim spreads its love and parts over the earth and you.

Guys, it was so fun!!!!  I loved it!  And mostly, I just really appreciated the creativity of the people I was with.  They are a great family and a very loving bunch.  So, even if I was not with my own family, I was in very good company.  I highly recommend blowing up pumpkins, a good time was had by all.  AND, I even hit my pumpkin on the first shot!  Sha-BAM!!!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a very Coloradan thing to do. It also sounds super awesome.

    ReplyDelete